Role: Design Release Engineer HV eMotors
Organizational area: Propulsion Systems - Engineering
Role perimeter: Global
Location: Modena - Hybrid
Team Management: No
Maserati produces a complete range of unique cars with an amazing personality, immediately recognizable anywhere. With their style, technology, and innately exclusive character, they delight the most discerning, demanding tastes and have always been a global automotive industry benchmark. A tradition of successful cars, each of them redefining what makes an Italian sports car in terms of design, performance, comfort, elegance, and safety, currently available on more than seventy markets internationally.
Powered by Passion. Unique by Design. Innovative by Nature. Masters of Italian Audacity.
With an Italian History and as Global Icon, Maserati is now looking for new talents to join the #Maserati Family.
The Product Design and Release Engineer responsibilities include designing, developing and releasing HV e motor for Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) applications. The Engineer will guide the engineering development of electric motors from Design Concept into Product Launch, including Mechatronic Design and Thermal Analysis.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Coordinate the release of designs
- Obtain design approvals, ensure designs are manufacturable, component readiness, track piece cost, investment & mass, support future design direction
- Lead and facilitate resolution of component issues
- Lead design changes through change management process
- Support supplier quality assurance & warranty resolution
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics or a closely related engineering degree from an ABET accredited university.
- A minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in the field of automotive powertrain, including validating & manufacturing (research graduate work may count towards experience).
- Experienced in product development process of automotive powertrain components
- Experienced in development and manufacturing of Electric Motors for Automotive applications
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills, and demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R).
- Knowledgeable in regards to GD&T.
- Understanding of manufacturing and quality processes of automotive components
- Basic knowledge of project management
- Knowledge Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Master degree or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or a closely related engineering degree from an ABET accredited University.
- Experience in design tools such as Maxwell, JMAC, MotorCAD, and other FEA and simulation tools.
- A minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in the field of electric motors or mechanical gearbox design (research graduate work may count towards experience).
- Hands on experience in testing of Electric Motors. Knowledge in electrified powertrain propulsion systems.
- Knowledge in control of Electric Motors.
- Knowledge in Power Electronics.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt.
- Knowledgeable in use of Team Center with experience in NX in a production release environment.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
As a first step, your CV will go through our screening: feel free to customize it to express who you are and to tell us about your most relevant experiences and characteristics but remember that we do appreciate clarity and synthesis. We will also be glad to read any cover letter you wish to submit.
In case your profile is aligned to the position, the Talent Acquisition team will get in touch with you for a first call where we will know each other; you will tell us something more about yourself and your interest in Maserati, while we will be available to answer your questions.
The selected profiles will meet the Design Technical Leader and the Design Responsible Engineer.
WHAT WE OFFER
Being part of the Maserati family will give you the chance to work within an international work environment, leading and contributing to different projects in cooperation with cross-region teams. You’ll be able to work remotely.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process as needed. Please add any adjustment requests to your application.
Join Maserati Family.
#Audacity #Passion #Maserati