PROJECT CHIEF - CLOSURES
The candidate will be involved Closures department having the following main objectives:
- To guarantee, supported by the specialist Functions, the development of the whole project / internal process of vehicle closures, consistently with the quality, performance, timing and cost targets assigned. In case of a maintenance model assignment, all the above mentioned activities will be aimed to manage life cycle upgrades (i.e. Face Lifting, new optionals …), cost reductions and quality improvement.
Main activities :
- To participate, with pre-development team, to the hand over phase of relevant components/systems for what concern technical solutions and corresponding performance, timing and cost targets (using the appropriate systems).
- To ensure the completeness/availability of all documents necessary for sourcing start-up (Sourcing Package) and to keep them up to date and consistent with sourcing closing.
- To contribute, together with people in charge (PR and TPM of each test departments), to the technical validation plan definition of the assigned system (reducing to the minimum the test loops), to test review management and issue resolution according to the model time schedule.
- To ensure (supported by the specialist Functions) during all project development, the technical feasibility, the design robustness, the component manufacturability and the compliance of technical documentation, through the coordination of engineering (if necessary) and product suppliers. To point out the critical issues or any infringements of Design/Test Standards and identify the actions needed to respect the assigned targets.
- To manage, togheter with DRs, the design/installation FMEAs execution performing the risk assessment and to provide support during process FMEAs execution
- To make available the documentation necessary to implement technical modifications (ODMs / CCD/CNs), to request their economical evaluations, to support the PR during the approval phase and to guarantee the associated drawings release. To monitor, through the accountable departments, their application in production accordingly to time schedule and procedures provided.
- To ensure the completeness/availability of all documents necessary for tooling release.
- To carry out / to ensure, with the help of specialist Functions, the diagnostic activities on the relevant systems/components.
- To provide engineering support in problem solving activities at the assembly plant from pilot phase through launch
- Within his responsibilities, PC has to guarantee the conformity to Internal Control System rules.
- Master Degree in Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent experience in automotive industry.
- Team-working ability.
- Project Management skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Proficiency in English.
- Availability to travel frequently
One or more of the following technical skills are required:
- knowledge of automotive systems focused on of vehicle closures;
- Experience in requirements specification in automotive environment;
- Engineering knowledge about FMEA, functional safety analysis.
- Ability to work in team and organize complex tasks;
- Ability to support/consult work teams and teach /coach others;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural teams;
- Good problem solving capability;
- Good self-organization and analytical skills