The candidate will be involved into the Body - Exteriors department having the following MISSION:
- Support engineering and development activities (projects and platforms) of Exterior Trims (Sill cover, Spoilers, Cowl grill, Door trims,…), from concept until the SOP.
- Define and execute Maserati Innovation projects in order to implement into Product Development, innovative products, processes and technologies;
- Carry out technology and process scouting for the definition of next-generation of products
- To provide technical leadership of specific systems assuring that design rules are followed and design practices are implemented: This includes base architecture and geometry development and innovation, and virtual and physical validations (Design FMEA, Design Verification Plan and Report).
- Execution of robust, quality, cost and weight efficient designs that meet program objectives.
- Lead role in supporting the execution of component standardization, design verification plan, design rule harmonization, and lessons learned.
- Accountable for the development and execution of requirements for their respective commodity(s) and application.
- Conduct commodity benchmarking activities for their area linked to the program(s).
- Ensure application of corporate technical best practices and complexity strategies for each commodity.
- Execute responsible component commonality, re-uses with consistency across vehicle lines (including fasteners and Joint designs).
- Provide technical solutions and support the PC in technical interfaces with PDO (product design office) and Advanced Engineering.
- Support the Exterior System Responsible in new innovation component activities.
- Support the Exterior System Responsible in implementing weight reduction strategies.
- Support the Exterior System Responsible in developing & maintaining System and Component/ Product Engineering level functional objectives, DFMEA’s, DVP&R’s, PSI, performance standards, and process standards.
- Define component and system test plans and review/sign-off on results for all program(s).
- Review and approve all the types of component proposals and request for changes and verify best practice read across and technical integrity.
compliance reports, Owner’s Manual and Service Manual content.
- Validate & release technical cost reduction solutions.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years in automotive engineering, in OEMs or in Tier1 suppliers or in engineering companies, with experience in Body/Interiors components development
- Basic knowledge of Siemens Nx
One or more of the following technical skills are required:
- Knowledge of design solutions of injection molded components;
- Knowledge of plastic injection process requirements and basic design archetypes (tool construction, injection molding design, A class surface finishing – painting, graining, chroming);
- Basic knowledge of sheet metal parts design;
- Knowledge of FMEA.
- Ability to work in team and pursue complex tasks;
- Ability to support/consult work teams and teach /coach others;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural teams;
- Good problem solving capability;
- Good self-organization and analytical skills;
- Ability to work in stress conditions;
- Good english language is a plus.